i stalk these people

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
BWS tips button

Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Parents


How appropriate that the night I want to write about my LOVELY parents, it happens to be that my dad was put into the BISHOPRIC. He is the 1st counselor. WOO-HOO. :) I am so happy for my daddy. (I guess i will start with him. :))

Edward William Heid
Born: 03/19/1956
my daddy-san.

When I think of my dad, I think of hard work.
Whether it was working out in the yard early on a saturday morning, or
how is has always provided for my mom and our family.
He has always maintained a steady job for as long as I can remember.
My mom always quotes about the times that were "tough" but
in all honesty, I can't remember not being fed, hugged, or a warm place to sleep.
those are all the things you need out of your parents.


He always told us to strive for our dreams.

I remember one "for instance"

I had recieved a letter in the mail telling me that I had been accepted to the
Arizona Ambassadors of Music and to tour with them for 2 weeks in Europe.
I cried when I read the letter.
My dad and mom sat me down and told me that if I wanted this,
then i needed to work for it,
they weren't just going to pay for the airfare and send me on my way.
I had a job (at Toys R Us and PacSun.. which both lasted a month i think)
and I saved every penny (it was hard)
and i when it came down to it, i had about half of the trip saved for.
I am blessed that my parents had made me save for that trip,
because it has made me money-conscious ever since.

I love my dad for that.


Now onto my mother, who also just informed me that we are having a family reunion this summer with all of HER cousins. I cannot wait to meet them (i am sure i did when i was a baby) and talk to them about how my mom was when she was my age! haha :) I can only imagine.


Tracy Lynn "Church" Heid
Born on 09/23/1959

When i think of my mom i think of courage and faith.

My mom has the biggest testimony of the Lord and she is NOT afraid to share it with ya!
I can't think of a time when she hasn't showed courage in a tough situation.
My mom has had multiple surgeries and ailments and yet her head is held high.
Whenever the song "fearless" by T-Swift comes on, i think of her because she is truly fearless.
She has served as the relief society president, young women's president
(primary president i am sure at one point as well)
for our church and she succeeds every single STINKING time.
She puts forth the greatest she can, and it always turns out AMAZING.

when i was 6 years old my mom was diagnosed with epilepsy.
not the scary grand maul type,
but it was scary enough to me to see her go through that.
I remember one "for instance"..
We were reading family scriptures at 6am
we all rotated reading two verses till we read two chapters.
We had gone through each a couple of times and it was my mom's turn
She was silent.
staring off into the distance,
her mind was empty.
I was so young, that this memory is barely a memory anymore,
but nonetheless, i had just witnessed an epileptic seizure.

life goes on, and her license was taken away for a year while her medication was regulated,
and she remained so strong.
needless to say, she has been siezure free for 14 some odd years.
and i am ever grateful for modern medicine.

My mom and dad are my hero's.
I can honestly say that i have no idea who i would be without them.



1 comment:

  1. they are my heros too! we are so excited for your Dad and am grateful to your parents for their faithful service to our ward! Love ya T - thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete